Pedaling Arizona--An Introduction

So... I've decided to chronicle my adventures in cycling around the State of Arizona (and other places). Never done a blog before, so bear with me on my first attempt in this arena.

I'm 58 and very much enjoy being outdoors on two wheels. I'm not a "racer," I don't do hills very well (though I do try), but--to me--there is almost nothing quite as mind-clearing as a few hours on the road--just me and my bike.

Last summer I got my Trek 7700 hybrid stolen out of my garage (yes, that's right... taken right off the rack!), so I've replaced it with two Cannondales--a mountain bike (F8) and a CAAD 8-6 road bike. I am enjoying both bikes, but the Caad 8 is definitely my favorite ride.

I'm going to start with my ride today (separate post), try to get my future rides up on here shortly after they occur. Then (as time permits), I'll talk about bike rides I've done over the last few years in this Great State. If you are new to thinking about Arizona, you will quickly find that we have MORE than desert. It's not all flat and boring! In fact, I'm discovering, to my chagrin, that most of the state is anything BUT flat.

I encourage your comments and insights. If you've taken some interesting rides, please let me know. I'm always looking for new places to pedal.

Comments

Popular Posts